Moving to Australia
You are moving to Australia. Atlas Movers will get you there.
Are you thinking of moving to Australia? The beautiful landscapes and good economy offer perfect conditions to emigrate to the land of the Aussies. Australia is a great continent with gorgeous scenery, larger and smaller cities and breathtaking nature. So it is recommended to use a professional moving company.
That’s why Atlas International Movers is the perfect partner for you! We help you move carefree from and to Australia. At Atlas International Movers we know that moving can be a big task. That is why we want to take this task off your hands.
Thanks to our many years of experience and good collaboration with our local partners, moving to Australia is a totally hassle-free process. Whether you live across the northern pacific ocean, Japan or New Zealand; we will take all your worries off your hands when moving toAustralia.
Moving to Australia? Do you need a visa?
If you want to move to Australia, it’s important you have the right visa. The right visa for you will depend on a number of factors such as the reason you’re moving to Australia (study or work), what your nationality is and how long you intend to stay in Australia.
Where can I get help about visas in Australia? Well, the easiest place with the most correct information is the Australian Department of Immigration website. Here you will find all the information about the different types of visas available and their eligibility and requirements.
There is an easy way to find out which visa is the right one for you. On the website of the Department of Immigration you will find the multiple visa options available. By clicking on the visa, the website will take you through a couple of questions and helps you find the right visa.
Can I become an Australian Citizen?
In short, yes! Some visas are a pathway to becoming eligible for Australian citizenship. There are multiple options on becoming an Australian citizen. You must meet the criteria before you apply. These are the different ways to apply for citizenship:
- You are a permanent resident, a permanent resident aged 60 year or over or a New Zealand citizen, you are eligible for a citizenship through conferral
- Your parent was an Australian citizen when you were born overseas
- Partners or spouses of an Australian citizen
For more information on how to become an Australian national, contact the municipality where you live or visit the Australian Department of Immigration website. On this page you will find all there is to know about being an Australian citizen.
You are moving to Australia, what’s next?
So you’re moving to Australia! It is important to make the relocation to Australia as smooth as possible, that’s why Atlas is the perfect moving company for your relocation. But what more does Australia has to offer?
Well, expats living in Australia enjoy many benefits, including a great quality of living, good education, great healthcare, good work–life balance, and decent work benefits from employers. It is a perfect country to live as an expat.
These are some of the most beautiful places you must visit whilst staying in Australia:
Australia is a country that’s as diverse as it is beautiful. There are many gorgeous places to visit. If you’re moving to Australia and you have the means and the time, we recommend that you should visit these places:
- Sydney Harbour: The Sydney Opera House and the Sydney Harbour Bridge, these two places alone are enough to make this a must see.
- Uluru: The striking red monolith forms the centerpiece of Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park.
- Arnhem Land: The northeast corner of the Northern Territory gives visitors a true taste of Australian wilderness.
- Bondi, Byron Bay, Hyams Beach and Cottesloe Beach: One of the best things about being an Australian is all the beautiful beaches there are.
- Cradle Mountain: Tasmania has some of the country’s most beautiful places.
- Daintree Rainforest: The Daintree is full of rare Australian wildlife and vegetation.
- Great Barrier Reef: Visible from outer space, the World Heritage-listed Great Barrier Reef is one of the largest living structures on the planet.
- Fraser Island: World Heritage-listed Fraser Island is the largest sand island in the world. Four-wheel drive vehicles are essential as the island has no sealed roads.
- Kakadu National Park: Kakadu is the largest national park in Australia. Within its borders lies everything from monsoon rainforests, mangrove swamps to rivers and waterfalls, as well as an astounding diversity of wildlife.
- Blue Mountains National Park: A UNESCO World Heritage Site, beautiful Blue Mountains is a popular day trip from the city.
Of course there is so much to see and you can’t do everything at once. That is the beauty of living in Australia, there is always something new to discover. Do you want to know more about the country and all that it has to offer? Have a look at their tourism website!
Life in Australia
Moving toAustralia is exciting and new for expats. But living inAustralia also comes with certain rules and guidelines. The Australian etiquettes. Life in Australia can be a different for some expats, but Australia is an open country, with very friendly people living in it.
Australia is a very welcoming place to live. Australians are generally not formal, so greetings, even initial greetings, are casual and laid back. It’s common to shake hands and Australians would normally just use first names to introduce people.
There are some things expats found shocking or different about living InAustralia. Luckily there are multiple websites dedicated to make living inAustralia easier for expats. If you want more information about the Australian culture and social etiquettes, try this website.
Moving to Australia, how do we proceed?
Thanks to our many years of experience and good collaboration with our local partners, we will ensure that there will be no surprises when relocating to Australia. If you’re planning on moving to Australia and you want our help, you can use one of the options below:
If you are not sure on what to choose, a call request is the easiest solution. That way we can answer all of your questions about moving to Australia and help you in any way possible!
If you, like us, like to prepare for a relocation then you may find our checklist very helpful. It gives a timeline with tips on how to prepare yourself for your relocation! Download our checklist at the bottom of this page!
Moving to Australia with the help of your own relocation coordinator
Atlas International Movers guides your relocation from door to door. If you have any questions during the entire process, please contact your personal relocation coordinator. This person can answer all your questions about the move.
If you would like storage for your household goods whilst moving to Australia, this is also possible. Still not sure if we’re the right company for you? Check out the reviews our customers wrote, we’re very proud of our satisfied clients!
If you want to know more about Atlas International Movers, read more about our moving company here! If you are moving to Australia and you want to make an appointment with us or one of our partners, please feel free to contact us or view our website!