You are moving to Czech Republic. Atlas Movers will get you there.
Are you moving to the Czech Republic? Because of our many years of experience and good collaboration with our local partners, moving to the Czech Republic will be a totally hassle-free process. Whether you live in the Netherlands, Switzerland or anywhere else in the world; we will take all your worries off your hands when moving to the Czech Republic. We will offer you personal support during this exciting step of moving to the Czech Republic.
You have worked and lived abroad, and you now want to move to the Czech Republic. Like any other relocation, moving to the Czech Republic is a major event. Atlas International Movers is there to facilitate your journey from door to door. Atlas International Movers calls at various destinations all over the world each week to pack, load and deliver household goods. Do you have any questions? Our experts would be happy to help! We are the perfect moving company to arrange your move to the country of the Czech Republic.
Moving to the Czech Republic, what do you have to arrange yourself?
If you’re moving to the Czech Republic it will be important to obtain the right visa. The right visa for you depends on the reason you’re moving to the Czech Republic, your nationality and how long you intend to stay in the Czech Republic. So where can I find more information about visas in the Czech Republic? The best place with the most information is the official website of Immigration of the Czech Republic. Depending on the purpose of your travel to the Czech Republic, there are different types of visas that will apply to the occasion.
Whether you are planning to go on a visit, study or work and reside in the Czech Republic permanently, you will have to apply for a different Schengen Visa, accordingly.
So depending on your reason for visiting and the duration of your stay you’ll need a different visa. This all feels very difficult, but this website gives detailed and clear information on the matter.
Can I become a Czech Citizen?
There are many ways to obtain Czech citizenship. Children can acquire citizenship for example by birth, by acknowledgement of paternity, or by adoption. People who want to acquire Czech citizenship may simply apply for it, providing that they meet the conditions stated below.
Conditions Czech Citizenship
- In general, as a foreigner, you can become a Czech citizen after 5 years of continuous long-term residence in the CR. With respect to the Czech law, this does not mean having to renounce your existing citizenship, as the Czech Republic allows people to have multiple citizenships.
- If you want to apply for Czech citizenship, you need to submit an application and demonstrate knowledge of the Czech language on a B1 level and pass an exam about Czech history and culture. Both the exams are prepared by the Institute for Language and Preparatory Studies, Charles University.
- You have to prove that you have really stayed in the territory of the Czech Republic. At the same time, it is considered whether you have integrated into Czech society, in particular in terms of family integration, employment, and social integration. Applicants for Czech citizenship must not endanger the security of the state, its sovereignty and territorial integrity, democratic foundations, lives, health, or property values. They must not have committed a criminal offence. The applicants also have to prove the amount and the sources of their income, their compliance with Czech laws and regulations and their independence of the state social support system and the assistance in material need system.
- Czech citizenship applications shall be submitted at Regional Offices or at Municipal Offices of Prague districts. The administrative fee for granting citizenship is 2,000 CZK (for a minor child it is 500 CZK).
You are moving to the Czech Republic, what’s next?
So you’re moving to the Czech Republic! You have a job offer with a permanent residence visa or your citizenship status is approved. Now it’s important to make the relocation to the Czech Republic as smooth as possible, that’s why Atlas is the perfect partner for your relocation. In addition to moving to the Czech Republic, you will also have to start looking at everything the Czech Republic has to offer. Why else is moving to the Czech Republic right for you? Well, expats living in this country enjoy many benefits of going to the Czech Republic including a nice climate, good quality of living, great education, a good work-life balance, and decent work benefits from employers.
Although one of the continent’s smaller nations, the Czech Republic won’t disappoint travelers looking for some of the best places to visit in central Europe. Given its size – and thanks to a first-rate public transit system – it’s an easy country to get around, and a very beautiful country.
These are some of the most beautiful places you should visit whilst staying in the Czech Republic:
- Prague Castle: For most travelers, the focal point of a visit to the Czech Republic is Prague Castle (Praský hrad).
- Prague’s Charles Bridge: It’s impossible to visit Prague without taking the time to traverse the city’s most important river crossing, the spectacular Charles Bridge (Karluv Most).
- St. Vitus Cathedral: Part of the Prague Castle complex, St. Vitus Cathedral is best known as the home of the Bohemian Coronation Jewels, as well as the tomb of the Czech people’s most revered saint, St. Wenceslas.
- Prague’s Old Town Square & Wenceslas Square: Prague’s Old Town Square was the city’s first market. Situated at the intersection of trade routes, it still has buildings dating back to the 10th century.
- Ceský Krumlov Castle: Dominating the old town after which it’s named, Ceský Krumlov Castle is remarkably well preserved given its age. Dating from the 13th century, much of what stands today in this UNESCO World Heritage Site stems from the 17th century.
Of course there is so much to see and you don’t have to do everything at once. That is the beauty of living in the Czech Republic, there is always something new to discover. Do you want to know more about the country and all that it has to offer? Have a look at their tourism website! Don’t worry, the website is available in a variety of languages, also in English!
Living in the Czech Republic
Moving to the Czech Republic is exciting and new. It’s a beautiful country with lots to offer. Living in the Czech Republic is easy and the people are outgoing. The Czech Republic is an open country, with very lovely people living in it. Czech domestic culture revolves around the family and this takes precedence over social life.
These are some of the things expats found different about living in the Czech Republic. Luckily there are multiple websites dedicated to making living in the Czech Republic easier for expats. If you want more information about Czech culture and social etiquette, try this website. You’ll find loads of useful information about the Czech Republic.
Moving to the Czech Republic? How do we proceed?
The process of moving to the Czech Republic is different for every client, it depends on which country you’re moving from and if you’re already a Czech citizen. But our system stays the same! The employees of our partners will pack your household goods in seaworthy packaging, after which they will be transported by sea, while small consignments will be sent by air.
They will visit you at your home and will discuss with you what is required in order to emigrate to the Czech Republic. They will draw up a detailed inventory and will explain to you the specific rules for the customs clearance of your belongings, to ensure you are fully prepared for moving to the Czech Republic. Thanks to our many years of experience and good collaboration with our local partners, we will ensure that you will have no surprises when moving to the Czech Republic. If you’re planning to move to the Czech Republic and you want us to help you move, you can request a free quote or use one of the options below.
We will be more than happy to give you a call to discuss your requirements, answer any questions you may have and plan an appointment for a pre-move survey. Let us guide and advise you to make your transition as smoothly as possible. Feel free to leave your name and number, one of our customer service agents will call you shortly to assist you.
You have come to a stage that you require to request a quotation for your upcoming move. You may still have some questions and prefer a video survey above an in-home survey. Select a day and time and we will reach out to you to conduct a video survey. Using your mobile device you can show us the items you would like to move.
You know exactly what to move and would like to learn more about the flexibility of our services and related pricing. Just follow the process, complete your details, tell us about your requirements and we will get back to you shortly with our quotation for your requested services.
If you are not really sure on what to choose, a call request is the easiest solution. That way we can answer all of your questions! If you, like us, like to prepare for a relocation then you may find our checklist very helpful. It gives a timeline with tips on how to prepare yourself for your relocation! Download our checklist at the bottom of this page!
Your own relocation coordinator
Atlas International Movers guides your move from door to door. If you have any questions during the relocation process, please contact your personal relocation coordinator. This person can answer all your questions about the move. This way you can prepare for your life in the Czech Republic without any problems.
With our years of experience, we know exactly how to get your belongings safely from door to door. Well-trained and committed movers guarantee you a worry-free move! Our relocation consultant will visit you prior to your move to the Czech Republic. Our advisor will discuss the move with you and ask about your wishes and expectations. Whether you want to move to Prague, Brno or Ostrava or one of the other beautiful cities with Atlas International Movers your belongings will arrive safely at their destination.
If you are moving to the Czech Republic and you want to make an appointment with us or one of our partners, please feel free to contact us or view our website! If you would like storage for your household effects before, during or after moving to the Czech Republic, this is also possible. Click here for more information about inventory storage at Atlas. If you want to know more about Atlas International Movers, read more about our moving company here!