You are moving to Japan. Atlas Movers will get you there.
Thanks to our many years of experience and good collaboration with our local partners, moving to Japan is a totally hassle-free process. Whether you live in Taiwan, South Korea or Israel; we will take all your worries off your hands when moving to Japan.
We offer you personal support during this exciting step of moving to Japan. Like any other relocation, moving to Japan is a major event. Atlas International Movers is there to facilitate your journey from door to door.
Atlas International Movers calls at various destinations all over the world each week to pack, load and deliver household goods. Do you have any questions? Our experts would be happy to help! We are the perfect moving company to arrange your move to the country of Japan.
What do you have to arrange yourself?
If you want to move to Japan it will be important to obtain the right visa. The right visa for you depends on the reason you’re moving to Japan, your nationality and how long you intend to stay in Japan. So where can I find more information about visas in Japan?
The best place with the most information is the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan website. Here you will find all the information about the different types of visas available and their requirements. All information comes directly from the Japanese government, so it will be correct. Below are the different kinds of visas:
- Highly skilled professional visa
- Working visa
- General visa
- Specified visa
- Start-up visa
- Diplomatic visa
- Official visa
On the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan you will find the multiple visa options available. This is an easy way to help you find out which visa is most suitable for you.
If you want to apply for any kind of visa, you can visit this page and it will show you all the available visas. Just click on the right visa and then you will see the necessary documents and the procedures you need to follow.
What rights will my visa give me in Japan? Every visa has different rights and conditions, so it’s important to find out what you’re entitled to and what your restrictions are while living in Japan.
We advise you to contact the Consular Section of the Embassy or Consulate General of Japan nearest you for more information and advice. If you are a foreign national, please click the links below for specific information related to respective subjects:
- Visa Application Procedures
- About Visa
- Visa Application Documents
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Inquiries Concerning Visas
Can I become a Japanese Citizen?
Can I become a Japanese citizen? Yes, there are several ways of acquiring Japanese nationality. You automatically become a Japanese national if one of your parents is Japanese when you are born. Or if you’re married to a Japanese citizen, you will need to prove that it’s genuine and that you live together. Or through either the option procedure or naturalisation. Conditions on becoming a Japanese citizen through naturalisation:
- Duration of Stay: Foreign nationals (over the age of 20) can apply for Japanese nationality if they have lived in Japan legally for at least five years with a valid visa. Also the bureau confirms whether you have been living in Japan at least 80% of the 365 days every year.
- Conduct: You should be of good character in your daily life. It is important that you have not been involved in any crime or been a nuisance to society. You also need to have a certificate of your enrolment into the Japanese National Pension System that shows the record of your levy payments.
- Livelihood: You need to have sufficient income: whether you can work and earn an income will be checked.
- Nationality: You need to be a person with no nationality or else forfeit your foreign nationality when approval is given for your Japanese nationality.
- Conformation to the Japanese Constitution
- Japanese Language ability
For more information on how to become a Japanese national, contact the municipality where you live. That is also where you have to submit your application. This website also gives full information about the Nationality Law in Japan.
You are moving to Japan, what’s next?
So you’re moving to Japan! You have a job offer/work contract with a work residence visa. Now it’s important to make the relocation to Japan as smooth as possible, that’s why Atlas is the perfect partner for your relocation.
In addition to moving to Japan, you will also have to start looking at everything Japan has to offer. Why else is moving to Japan right for you? Well, expats living in this country enjoy many benefits of going to Japan including a high quality of living, great education, good healthcare and it’s a very safe country.
Japan is known for it’s beautiful and safe cities, it’s clean, full of culture, technologie and good food. But today’s visitors should certainly try to visit the smaller cities and villages and experience the older Japanese culture.
Along with the country’s breathtaking nature, those sightseeing here will also find the vibrant cities. These are some of the most beautiful places you can visit in Japan:
Beautiful places you should visit whilst staying in Japan:
- Tokyo Tower & Around: The city and the tower that stands at 333 meters and inspired by the Eiffel Tower, the iconic red and white Tokyo Tower is hard to miss, and a visit should be high on your to-do list during your trip to the Japanese capital.
- Fuji Five Lakes Area: Japan’s finest recreational and cultural options in a breathtaking setting in any season you visit.
- Beppu & Yufuin: Beppu, the largest hot spring resort in western Japan, and nearby Yufuin, offer bathing and sightseeing spots as well as easy access to lakes and mountains.
- Shibuya & Shimokitazawa: If you’re looking for trendy cafes, live music, and shopping for Japan-only goods, these popular pockets of Tokyo provide plenty to do but via different angles.
- Hanamaki & Around: Nestled in the mountains of central Iwate, the Hanamaki area is famous for its hot springs.
Of course there is so much to see and you don’t have to do everything at once. That is the beauty of living in Japan, there is always something new to discover. Do you want to know more about the country and all that it has to offer? Have a look at their tourism website!
Living in Japan
Moving to Japan is exciting and new. It’s a beautiful country with lots to offer. But living in Japan also comes with certain rules and guidelines.
Japan is a modest country. Proper manners and consideration towards others are highly valued in Japan, and misbehaving tourists are increasingly causing friction. In order not to annoy or offend the locals, foreign visitors should be familiar with at least the basic rules.
Luckily there are multiple websites dedicated to making living in Japan easier for expats. If you want more information about the Japanese culture and social etiquettes, try this website. You’ll find loads of useful information about Japan and the Japanese etiquette.
Moving to Japan, how do we proceed?
Thanks to our many years of experience and good collaboration with our local partners, we will ensure that there will be no surprises when relocating to Japan. If you’re planning on moving to Japan and you want our help, you can use one of the options below:
If you are not sure on what to choose, a call request is the easiest solution. That way we can answer all of your questions about moving to Japan and help you in any way possible!
If you, like us, like to prepare for a relocation then you may find our checklist very helpful. It gives a timeline with tips on how to prepare yourself for your relocation! Download our checklist at the bottom of this page!
Moving to Japan with your own relocation coordinator
Atlas International Movers guides your relocation from door to door. If you have any questions during the entire process, please contact your personal relocation coordinator. This person can answer all your questions about the move.
This way you can prepare for your life in Japan without any problems. If you would like storage for your household goods whilst moving to Japan, this is also possible. Still not sure if we’re the right company for you? Check out the reviews our customers wrote, we’re very proud of our satisfied clients!
If you want to know more about Atlas International Movers, read more about our moving company here! If you are moving to Japan and you want to make an appointment with us or one of our partners, please feel free to contact us or view our website!