You are moving to Oman. Atlas Movers will get you there.
Are you thinking of moving to Oman? Oman is famous for Arabian horses, dromedaries, wild asses, green turtles, the Oryx antelope (the national animal), frankincense trees, and date palms. Oman is famous for its ancient aflaj oases irrigation system, terraced orchards (Jebel Akhdar), adobe fortresses, lots of mosques, wadis (stream valleys), dhows (traditional Arabian sailing ships), meteorites, and Al Said, the world’s third-largest yacht, owned by the Sultan. The country’s staple food is chicken, fish, lamb and coffee.
It is a beautiful country with endless landscapes and stunningly diverse flora and fauna. It is a fun prospect but with strict rules and requirements, so it is recommended to use a professional moving company. That’s why Atlas International Movers is the perfect partner for you! We help you move carefree from and to Oman. At Atlas International Movers we know that moving can be a big task. That is why we want to take this task off your hands, because we have years of experience, reliable partners and know-how, we are the perfect moving company to arrange your move to Oman.
What do you have to arrange yourself?
Before you come to Oman it’s important you have the right visa. To find out what the right visa is will depend on a number of factors such as the reason you’re moving to Oman (study or work), what your nationality is and how long you intend to stay in Oman. Where can I get help about visas in Oman? The website with the most correct information is the Royal Oman Police website. Here you will find all the information about the different types of visas available and their requirements, not to worry the website is in English. These are the different visas in Oman:
- Work visa
- Employment contracting visa
- Student visa
- Family joining visa
- Temporary work visa
- Multiple entry visa
There are different kinds of visas, but there is an easy way to find out which visa is the right one for you. On the website of the you will find the multiple visa options available. By clicking on the visa you think you’ll need, the website will show you all the steps you need to take in order to get that visa and if you’re actually entitled to it. If you want a visa to visit Oman, you can apply for one through this website!
What rights will my Visa give me in Oman?
Every visa has different rights and conditions, so it’s important to find out what you’re entitled to and what your restrictions are while living in Oman. For example, a number of visas won’t allow you to work and many have restrictions on healthcare. If you need more information, you can find it on this website. All the information is in Arabic. So it might be worthwhile getting the help of a migration agent or lawyer to help navigate your way through the system.
Can I become an Omani Citizen? In short, yes! Although it is very difficult to become an Omani citizen. Expats who have been living in Oman for more than 20 years can become citizens if they fulfil the requirements of the Citizenship Law of Oman:
- They have to file an application that costs OMR600, while the spouses or previous spouses of Omani citizens will need to pay OMR300, according to the Ministry of Interior.
- Applicants will need to prove that they live and work in Oman, and that they have not had any legal cases brought against them. They will also need to present a medical certificate to prove they do not have communicable diseases.
- Anyone who gains Omani citizenship must report to the ministry to receive an Omani passport, and must remain a long-term resident of Oman.
- Expats who begin this procedure will have to undergo an Arabic language exam. The exam can be written, or it can be an interview in Arabic, at the ministry itself.
- The new citizens of Oman will not be able to spend more than six months outside the country at a go during the first 10 years after gaining citizenship
You will find every information on the matter on this website. This website is more clear because the information on the Royal Oman Police website is partially in Arabic and has more difficult information regarding other subjects.
You are moving to Oman, what’s next?
So your relocation to Oman is through, you already have a job offer or an employment contract in this country and you have a work visa. It is important to make the relocation to Oman as smooth as possible, that’s why Atlas is the perfect moving company for your relocation. In addition to moving to Oman, you will also have to start looking at everything Oman has to offer. Why else is moving to Oman right for you?
Furthermore, Oman is a country that’s as diverse as it is beautiful. There are many gorgeous places to visit. If you’re moving to Oman and you have the means and the time.
We recommend that you should visit these places:
- Muttrah Souq: Muttrah Souq is a traditional market on the Muttrah Corniche and comprises several small shops that sell Omani products, such as colourful fabric, traditional clothes, silver and gold jewellery, and souvenirs. It’s one of the must-visit attractions in Muscat and a great place to take pictures.
- Sultan Qaboos Grand Mosque: The Sultan Qaboos Grand Mosque, built in 2001 in the Bawshar area of Muscat, is the most famous mosque in the country.
- Musandam beaches: The Musandam Governorate makes up the northernmost part of Oman, separated from the rest of the country by the UAE. With the Gulf of Oman and the Arabian Gulf surrounding most of the area, it has many beautiful white-sand beaches.
- Ras Al Jinz Turtle Reserve: The Ras Al Jinz Turtle Reserve lies in Ras Al Hadd in eastern Oman. It’s a natural reserve for endangered green turtles, with approximately 20,000 females returning here every year to lay their eggs.
- Shatti Al Qurum: Shatti Al Qurum, a neighbourhood in Muscat, is home to Al Qurum beach, one of the longest and busiest beaches in Oman.
Of course there is so much to see and you don’t have to do everything at once. That is the beauty of living in Oman, there is always something new to discover. Do you want to know more about the country and all that it has to offer? Have a look at their tourism website, it’s in German, Arabic, Italian, French and in English.
Living in Oman
Moving to Oman is exciting and new. It’s a beautiful country with lots to offer. But living in Oman also comes with certain rules and guidelines. Oman is a modest country where the Islam is the largest religion. Proper manners and consideration towards others are highly valued in Oman, and misbehaving tourists are increasingly causing friction. In order not to annoy or offend the locals, foreign visitors should be familiar with at least the basic rules.
Luckily there are multiple websites dedicated to making living in Oman easier for expats. If you want more information about the Omani culture and social etiquettes, try this website. You’ll find loads of useful information about Oman and the Omani etiquette.
How do we proceed?
Our employees will pack your household goods in seaworthy packaging, after which they will be transported by sea, while small consignments will be sent by air. We will visit you at your home and will discuss with you what is required in order to emigrate to Oman. We will draw up a detailed inventory and will explain to you the specific rules for the customs clearance of your belongings, to ensure you are fully prepared for moving to Oman. By ensuring thorough preparations and by engaging reliable movers of Atlas International Movers, we will ensure that you will have no surprises when moving to Oman. If you’re planning to move to Oman and you want us to help you move, you can request a free quote or use one of the options below.
We will be more than happy to give you a call to discuss your requirements, answer any questions you may have and plan an appointment for a pre-move survey. Let us guide and advise you to make your transition as smoothly as possible. Feel free to leave your name and number, one of our customer service agents will call you shortly to assist you.
You have come to a stage that you require to request a quotation for your upcoming move. You may still have some questions and prefer a video survey above an in-home survey. Select a day and time and we will reach out to you to conduct a video survey. Using your mobile device you can show us the items you would like to move.
You know exactly what to move and would like to learn more about the flexibility of our services and related pricing. Just follow the process, complete your details, tell us about your requirements and we will get back to you shortly with our quotation for your requested services.
If you are not really sure on what to choose, a call request is the easiest solution. That way we can answer all of your questions! If you, like us, like to prepare for a relocation then you may find our checklist very helpful. It gives a timeline with tips on how to prepare yourself for your relocation! Download our checklist at the bottom of this page!
Your own relocation coordinator
Atlas International Movers guides your move from door to door. If you have any questions during the relocation process, please contact your personal relocation coordinator. This person can answer all your questions about the move. This way you can prepare for your life in Oman without any problems.
If you are moving to Oman and you want to make an appointment with us, please feel free to contact us or view our website! If you would like storage for your household effects before, during or after moving to Oman, this is also possible. Click here for more information about inventory storage at Atlas. If you want to know more about Atlas International Movers, read more about our moving company here!