You are moving to Saudi Arabia. Atlas Movers will get you there.
Thanks to our many years of experience and good collaboration with our local partners, moving to Saudi Arabia is a totally hassle-free process. Whether you live in the Netherlands, Germany or anywhere else in the world; we will take all your worries off your hands when moving to Saudi Arabia. We offer you personal support during this exciting step of moving to Saudi Arabia. You have worked and lived abroad, and you now want to move back to Saudi Arabia.
Like any other relocation, moving to Saudi Arabia is a major event. Atlas International Movers is there to facilitate your journey from door to door. Atlas International Movers calls at various destinations all over the world each week to pack, load and deliver household goods. Do you have any questions? Our experts would be happy to help! We are the perfect moving company to arrange your move to the country of Saudi Arabia.
What do you have to arrange yourself?
If you’re moving to Saudi Arabia it will be important to obtain the right visa. The right visa for you depends on the reason you’re moving to Saudi Arabia, your nationality and how long you intend to stay in Saudi Arabia. So where can I find more information about visas in Saudi Arabia? The best place with the most information is the official evisa website for Saudi Arabia. Through the online portal, international visitors from 49 eligible countries can apply for an eVisa. On this website you’ll find a list of countries which are eligible for a Saudi visa.
This is the list of all the different types of visas, if you click on them you’ll get their requirements:
- Government Visa
- Diplomatic & Official Visas
- Diplomatic Missions & Organizations
- Tourist Visa
- Business Visit Visa
- Employment Visa
- Residence Visa
- Premium Residency Visa
- Newborn Visa
- Extension of Exit/Re-Entry Visa
- Family Visit Visa
- Companion Visa
- Personal Visit Visa
- Hajj and Umrah Visa
- Student Visa
The Saudi Arabian government made it very easy for you to find out whether you need a visa or not. The website will help you with the necessary steps:
- Fill the application.
- Pay the Visa fee.
- Get your online Visal.
Can I become a Saudi Arabian Citizen?
Can I become a Saudi Arabian citizen? Yes, you can become a Saudi Arabian citizen with all the accompanying rights through either naturalization or birth.
- Granting Citizenship to Newborns (Children of Saudi Citizens). Saudi citizenship is granted to children born inside or outside the Kingdom if they were born to a Saudi father. Saudi citizenship is also granted to a Saudi mother and a father of an unknown nationality or a father who is stateless.
- Granting Citizenship to Foreigners. The applicant must be of good conduct and behavior and has never been convicted of a criminal offense or imprisonment for a moral offense for a period exceeding six months. He/she must be familiar with the Arabic language. The applicant must submit the request after reaching the age of maturity to be granted Saudi Arabian citizenship. As for the disabled or individuals with mental disorders, each of them follows their father in relation to care if the father is alive. In the event of the father’s death, the legal resident must select the Saudi Arabian nationality for him after completing the previous conditions.
You can apply to the Civil Affairs department or the Kingdom’s representative abroad
The Interior Ministry Agency of Civil Affairs is responsible for receiving and registering applications to be reviewed. A committee is formed, consisting of three members, whose ranks are not below the eighth rank, one of whom is legally qualified to verify the following:
- The applicant must have entered the Kingdom in a legal manner and hold a valid passport that enables him to return to his country without restrictions or conditions.
- He/she must have resided, for a period of no less than ten consecutive years, under a regular residency permit in the Kingdom, with the provisions of its own system.
- The applicant must be working in one of the professions that the country needs.
Once the information is provided by the applicant, the committee will evaluate the application based on three components, representing a total of 33 points to be distributed; the points can be found on Saudi Arabia’s government website. For more information on how to become a Saudi Arabian national, contact the municipality where you live.
Moving to Saudi Arabia, what’s next?
So you’re moving to Saudi Arabia! You have a job offer/work contract with a residence visa and a work permit. Now it’s important to make the relocation to Saudi Arabia as smooth as possible, that’s why Atlas is the perfect partner for your relocation. In addition to moving to Saudi Arabia, you will also have to start looking at everything Saudi Arabia has to offer. Why else is moving to Saudi Arabia right for you? Saudi Arabia is known everywhere as a land of beautiful scenery, interesting history, great food and culture. Vibrant cities with gorgeous architecture.
These are some of the most beautiful places you should visit whilst staying in Saudi Arabia:
- Prophet’s Mosque: One of only two mosques in the world that can accommodate a million people, the Prophet’s Mosque holds deep significance for Muslims all over the world.
- Al Masjid Al Haram: The focal point for every Muslim and the biggest mosque in the world, Al Masjid Al Haram is able to host a million worshippers and covers an area of 356,800 sq metres.
- Jubbah Rock Carvings: This is arguably the Kingdom’s premier pre-Islamic site and open-air art gallery. Covering an area measuring 39 sq km are some of the most impressive petroglyphs (rock carvings) you are likely to ever see.
- Pearl Merchants’ Neighbourhood: Staring at the mesmerising geometric and floral designs of the carved patterns that adorn the houses and arched gateways of Farasan’s former pearl merchants, you could be forgiven for thinking you were in the midst of Andalusian or Mughal ruins.
- Masmak Fortress: Surrounded by sand, this squat fortification was built around 1865 and is like a scene out of the movies: a big fortress representing an empire.
Of course there is so much to see and you don’t have to do everything at once. That is the beauty of living in Saudi Arabia, there is always something new to discover. Do you want to know more about the country and all that it has to offer? Have a look at their tourism website! Don’t worry the website is also in English!
Living in Saudi Arabia
Moving to Saudi Arabia is exciting and new. It’s a beautiful country with lots to offer. Living in Saudi Arabia is easy and the people are outgoing. But Saudi Arabia is still a country with a different religion and culture than most Western countries. The largest religion is the Islam and that’s why the country sometimes requires a bit more modesty. But if you follow the social etiquette, Saudi Arabia will be a great destination for you.
These are some of the things expats found different about living in Saudi Arabia. Luckily there are multiple websites dedicated to make living in Saudi Arabia easier for expats. If you want more information about Saudi Arabian culture and social etiquette, try this website. You’ll find loads of useful information about Saudi Arabia.
Moving to Saudi Arabia, how do we proceed?
The process of moving to Saudi Arabia is different for every client, it depends on which country you’re moving from and if you’re already a Saudi Arabian citizen. But our system stays the same! The employees of our partners will pack your household goods in seaworthy packaging, after which they will be transported by sea, while small consignments will be sent by air. They will visit you at your home and will discuss with you what is required in order to emigrate to Saudi Arabia.
They will draw up a detailed inventory and will explain to you the specific rules for the customs clearance of your belongings, to ensure you are fully prepared for moving to Saudi Arabia. Thanks to our many years of experience and good collaboration with our local partners, we will ensure that you will have no surprises when moving to Saudi Arabia. If you’re planning to move to Saudi Arabia and you want us to help you move, you can request a free quote or use one of the options below.
We will be more than happy to give you a call to discuss your requirements, answer any questions you may have and plan an appointment for a pre-move survey. Let us guide and advise you to make your transition as smoothly as possible. Feel free to leave your name and number, one of our customer service agents will call you shortly to assist you.
You have come to a stage that you require to request a quotation for your upcoming move. You may still have some questions and prefer a video survey above an in-home survey. Select a day and time and we will reach out to you to conduct a video survey. Using your mobile device you can show us the items you would like to move.
You know exactly what to move and would like to learn more about the flexibility of our services and related pricing. Just follow the process, complete your details, tell us about your requirements and we will get back to you shortly with our quotation for your requested services.
If you are not really sure on what to choose, a call request is the easiest solution. That way we can answer all of your questions! If you, like us, like to prepare for a relocation then you may find our checklist very helpful. It gives a timeline with tips on how to prepare yourself for your relocation! Download our checklist at the bottom of this page!
Your own relocation coordinator
Atlas International Movers guides your move from door to door. If you have any questions during the relocation process, please contact your personal relocation coordinator. This person can answer all your questions about the move. This way you can prepare for your life in Saudi Arabia without any problems.
With our years of experience, we know exactly how to get your belongings safely from door to door. Well-trained and committed movers guarantee you a worry-free move! Our relocation consultant will visit you prior to your move to Saudi Arabia. Our advisor will discuss the move with you and ask about your wishes and expectations. Whether you want to move to Riyadh, Jeddah, Sana’a or Dubai or one of the other beautiful cities with Atlas International Movers your belongings will arrive safely at their destination.
If you are moving to Saudi Arabia and you want to make an appointment with us or one of our partners, please feel free to contact us or view our website! If you would like storage for your household effects before, during or after moving to Saudi Arabia, this is also possible. Click here for more information about inventory storage at Atlas. If you want to know more about Atlas International Movers, read more about our moving company here!